Monday, November 10, 2008

THE Kung Fu Master!

So I know I just posted today, which was late considering that Halloween was forever ago, but this was soooo funny! We rented Kung Fu Panda on Saturday and Landon and I watched it together today. When the credits came on this is what he did!

Question, thoughout the whole movie because it is about fighting Landon would say things like, he's a good fighter or he's a good killer. What should I say to that? Should I just not let him watch this movie again or any others like it? What he did after the movie was funny, but I don't want him to think that killing is good. I told him that they weren't killing them but that he was just knocking him out so he could take him to jail. Anyway does anyone have any good ideas to deal with this kind of stuff? Thanks!

2 comments:

sue said...

I couldn't hear anything, but it sure looked like he was going to town. Little ones sure have alot of energy. Inrolling him in a Kung Fu class might be helpful, they teach them right from wrong. Just ride it out, your good parents with good morals, it will pass. The more you make of it the more he will. He looks like he's just having fun and not really understanding the meaning of the word, it's just a word to him right now. Easier said than done I know. Kids will be kids, someday you'll look back and wonder why you even worried. Your great parents never question that, you'll figure it out.

Doug and Rachel said...

Sara,
I agree with Sue (is that Dirk's Dad's wife?) you want to correct them, but when I look back on all the bad stuff I saw as a kid, I didn't realize what it was 'til I was older too; it may help to point out the reasons for fighting like in the scriptures why they were and when it is O.K. Love the Halloween costumes too! Nice gohtee Dirk!