Tuesday, December 16, 2008
No Fun! Hospitals, Yuck!
Okay, I will try and post pictures when I get home, but right now I am at Primary Children's medical Center with Landon. We took him to McKay Dee ER Friday night for dehydration. Basically he had been throwing up and not keeping anything down, he hadn't gone to the bathroom for about 24 hours. And he was complaining of his stomach hurting-all of which started on Wed. they admitted him that night to the hosptial where they started doing all kinds of tests. they thought he may have rota virus, food poisoning, gastroenteritis, appendisitis (sp), it could be a series of things. All the tests came back negative more than once. They did x-rays, a CT scan, and still nothing was determined. His stomach was very and stil is, didened (sp) basically really swollen, in fact you can barely make out his bellybutton. Well, Monday morning he was transfered down to Primary Children's. They did another scan and saw that his apendix had burst, thus the swelling. His stomach is full of infection and gunk, so they are going to try all heal as much as they can first, and then remove it in a month or two. I have time to write this right now because they are putting in a PICC line, and luckly I am not supposed to be there when they do. I am very glad because i don't know how much more I can handle watching when I know it hurts. They did sedate him first though, I am very glad. i stayed there for that part. Anyway, the reason they are going to heal as much as they can before the operate is so they don't have to cut out part of his apendix. His aapendix is so infected that there is no where to cut it without taking some of his colon. If there was an emergency and they had to operate they could but if they can wait there will be a better chance of less damage on their part. Now that he has his PICC line they will take our his IV and use the line for the iV fluid and antibiotics. We will be here until at least Thursday, but I don't htink we will go home until Friday. Dirk stayed home from work on Mon. to come down to Primary Children's with me, but he is going to try and go to work the rest of the week while my mom has Kyle. if for some reason Kyle isn't doing well up at the house and wants his family then Dirk will stay home with him. That is all that is going on right now, and I will try to give an update later. He is doing well, in fact he doesn't seem to be in as much pain as he should be. he is such a trooper. Bye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
SARA!!! If you guys need anything, let us know! I feel so bad for him. You guys will for sure be in our prayers! We will try calling ya later.
It breaks our hearts to hear that you are all going through this, wish we were there with you. Landon is a strong little guy, and Heavenly Father will see you all through this stressful time. Your both such great parents, never doubt that. Your in our thoughts every moment. We are here for you. Do not hesitate to ask if you need anything. Love you all so much.
I am a blog stalker..Just kiding its me Angie. I am sorry to hear about your little guy. I understand your pain Weston was in the hospital at a month old with the lovely Picc line and lots of tests. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. You are your family will be in our prayers.
Oh no! I hope everything goes ok. He is such a cutie! Good Luck with everything.
Oh Man Sara!!! I heard from Jenn a couple days ago and she gave me the update. I was wondering how you were doing! I love you!!! I'll be praying for sweet little Landon!
I'm so sorry! I tried calling you again to see how things are going. Poor little guy. Do they know what caused all of this?
Post a Comment